International Engine of the Year Awards (IEOTYA) re-announces the list of the best car engines in 2012. Discussed a variety of machines ranging from machines that are embedded in the sedan, Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) to multipurpose vehicle (MPV).
Machine is a machine that already assessed European standards. Reported by Autoblog, June 2012, in the assessment of the 76 automotive journalists from 35 countries act as a jury to find machines that worthy was asked as International Engine of the Year Awards (IEOTYA).
Their assessment is based on several things, ranging from the level of friendliness to the environment, the capacity of the engine to perform. Each category the judges in the panel, then assess each machine according to the subjectivity and technical knowledge, and take also the consideration of various characteristics such as fuel efficiency, smoothness, noise, performance, and drivability.
The jurors each had 25 points to give to their favorite five machines in every category. A maximum of 15 points can be allocated to a machine, and the minimum is one point. Machine is a machine that already assessed European standards.
So what is the engine of their choice? Here’s the full list:
- Best New Engine 2012: Ford 999cc three-cylinder turbo (Ford Focus 100ps).
- Best Green Engine 2012: GM 1.4-liter range extender (Chevrolet Volt, Opel Ampera 150ps).
- Best Performance Engine 2012: Ferrari 4.5-liter V8 (458 Italian, 458 Spider 570ps).
- Above 4-liter: Ferrari 4.5-liter V8 (458 Italian 570bhp).
- 3-liter to 4-liter: BMW 4-liter V8 (M3 Coupe, M3 Convertible 420ps).
- 2.5-liter to 3-liter: BMW 3-liter bi-turbo six-cylinder gasoline (1 Series M coupe, 335is, Z4 35is 340ps).
- 2-liter to 2.5-liter: Audi 2.5-liter five-cylinder turbo (Audi TT RS, RS3 Sportback 340ps).
- 1.8-liter to 2-liter: BMW 2-liter twin-turbo four-cylinder petrol (125i (218ps), 320i (184ps), 328i (245ps), 520i (184ps), 528i (245ps), Z4 20i (184ps ), Z4 sDrive 28i, (245ps), X1 20i, 20i X3 (184ps), X1 28i (245ps).
- 1.4-liter to 1.8-liter: BMW-PSA 1.6-liter turbo petrol (Mini Cooper S, Clubman Cooper S, Countryman Cooper S, Coupe / Roadster Cooper S, Peugeot 207, Citroen DS3.
- 1-liter to 1.4-liter: Volkswagen 1.4-liter TSI Twincharger (VW Polo, Beetle, Golf, Golf Plus, Golf Cabriolet, Scirocco, Eos, Jetta, Tiguan.
- Sub 1-liter: Ford 999cc three-cylinder turbo (Ford Focus 100ps, 125ps)